|24 Mar 2019 at 10:30 am||24 Mar 2019 at 04:30 pm|
|6 Oct 2019 at 10:30 am||6 Oct 2019 at 04:30 pm|
Unlike regular clay, porcelain is much harder to handle as it contains less grog, however, this clay type has a beautifully fine quality and the pure white end colour of the finished clay when fired draws many artists.
- Porcelain basics including properties, drying stages and types
- How to handle this tricky clay type
- Hints and tips to avoid cracking and common problems
- Slump mould
- Creating patterned surfaces
- Turning and adding a foot
- Basic glazing information (particularly relevant for those wishing to continue with clay in their own studio)
Suitable for absolute beginners although some handbuild knowledge is recommended.
Location: 170 High St, Margate, Kent CT9.
Please call 0208 1665 134 on arrival for directions.